Feed My Starving Children Food Pantry
September 25 @ 10:00 am - 12:15 pm
Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) offers volunteers a one-of-a-kind experience. You’ll hand-pack rice, soy, dried vegetables and a nutritionally complete blend of vitamins and minerals into bags which are then sealed, boxed, placed on pallets and shipped to our incredible partners working hard to reach the neediest children around the world. Through volunteering at FMSC, you’ll get the chance to impact hundreds of kids in just two hours per packing shift. You’ll experience what it’s like to make a tangible difference today. You must be over the age of 5 to participate. We are excited to have volunteers back packing at our MobilePack Events! In order to ensure the safety of volunteers and staff amid the COVID-19 pandemic, volunteering will look a little different than in the past. Please carefully review the following changes and share them with the members of your group:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 please stay home.
- All volunteers are expected to follow CDC guidelines related to masks. Masks are strongly recommended for all staff and volunteers regardless of vaccination status. FMSC will not request proof of vaccination and trusts its volunteers and staff to make decisions that will best support the health and safety of its staff and volunteers alike.
- All volunteers will go through a verbal symptom screening upon arrival.
- Social distancing: Members of a group will not be socially distanced from each other, but will be socially distanced from other groups. However, larger groups will be split into smaller subgroups that will be socially distanced from each other.
- If you or anyone in your group develops symptoms while packing, you and your entire group will be asked to leave immediately.
- According to our regular operating guidelines, children under the age of 5 are not allowed into the packing room.
- If you are in a high risk category, please stay home.
- A reservation is required to pack. No walk-ins can be accepted.
- You may read more about FMSC’s COVID-19 Safety Measures here.